Sign up for alerts || Login
Home About Contact

Tax tips

Submit your tax return even with no income. There are benefits from provincial and federal governments like the Canada Child Benefit and GST/HST benefit. You do not need income to qualify for these benefits. But not filing the tax return results in not being paid. Both parents have to file in order to receive the CCB.

Keep track of expenses that could earn you credits or tax reduction. You may be eligible to claim including RRSP contributions, employment expenses, charitable donations, tuition and medical expenses, Public Transit passes, Moving expenses, Student loan interest, Medical expenses, child care cost, etc.